Skip to main content

Support the Troops

As I was reading the Washington Post today, I noticed that there were a bunch of articles about the deterioration of the conditions in Iraq (as if they weren't bad before). Then, I was checking out one of my favorite blog sites, PostSecret and I found this link to AnySoldier.

I haven't finished reading the entire site, so forgive me if there is something tragically horrible on it, but I've read about 75% of it, including some of the requests from soldiers and I couldn't help but be moved by it.

I don't care what your political affiliation is, or what you think about war, or how you feel about the American administration. There are men and women dying every single day, and they are wearing American flags on their shoulders. Their burden is heavy and we get to live in glorious freedom because of it. So support the troops, even if you can't support what they are doing.

If you don't like the idea of sending a simple letter through this program this Christmas, I can get you the names and addresses of people I know there. You probably have a few acquaintainces somewhere out there too. Remember them when you are doing your holiday shopping. It'll cost you less than a dollar to send a letter, the cheapest present you could buy. And it will make someone's day.

As I sat in my car thinking about the articles I had read, I realized I didn't pray for the troops as much as I could. So if a letter isn't your thing, could you please send a message up to the big guy?

God Bless America and all those who have given their lives to make this dream of freedom come true. Love always, ~Heather

Comments