.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Election Day!

The past few days have been full with election-style activities. Sunday I got to work a phone bank for way too long, and meet/see the first lady and governor of Maryland along with Rudy Guiliani and then this morning I stood out at a poll in Virginia to encourage people to vote for a bond referendum. Tonight, I went to a results watching party with my theory class. All rather exciting election things. Oh yeah - and I voted in a voting booth for the first time today. (That my vote counted anyway.) And I also got accused of electioneering for wearing a t-shirt.

That's all on top of a marvelous weekend, a fantastic Monday, and a Tuesday worth remembering. But for the moment, I'm still not going to tell you about it. Besides the fact that anticipation is a great way to keep you coming back, I am particularly concerned with a Maryland Senate race I think was called incorrectly by the television stations. All stations seem to be reporting that Michael Steele is up by 4-5% and yet they have called the race for Cardin. This is frustrating, because they are not considering that the democratic districts they are calling prospectively for Cardin include a number of African-American communities that will probably vote for Steele.

So I'll be watching this until my 2am cut-off. Then tomorrow I'll give you all the juicy details, which may or may not include which types of juice I've had in the past few days. Tomorrow, tomorrow. Love always, ~Heather

P.S. I hope George Allen loses. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this