.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Got It

We finally got word today that we officially have an apartment for August 1st. In less than one month I will be living in my very first non-parent, non-school residence. I can decorate and do as I choose (within roommate approval, obviously). If I post pictures tomorrow, you'll see an awful lot of the current tenants stuff, but it is going to be our place.

I'll be signing a lease and expediting a security deposit. I can start packing and inventory and imagining what I'll do with the place (actually already started that). How good can it get with a washer/dryer, full kitchen, great room with wood-burning fireplace, small sitting area, storage, and all utilities - cable and internet too - included? It didn't even break my miniscule (for DC) budget.

I am going to bed now. But the good news plus Batman Begins made tonight an excellent success. Love always, ~Heather

3 Comments:

Blogger discipleassisi said...

congratulations!!! and thank you SOOOO much for my house-warming letter! it was the first addition to my bulletin board. you, as always, go above and beyond the call of friendly duty. i'm so glad you found such a nice place!!!

12:40 AM  
Blogger Napoleon said...

Hooray, a place to watch the Georgia game.

12:01 PM  
Anonymous Hugues said...

Congratualtion Heather ! !
We have one or two things to you here and we'll send them to you when you were in place.
Bisous.
Hugues

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this