Skip to main content

Highlights

Don't worry, I haven't done anything to my hair.

Saturday was grand and fun and spent doing almost nothing of significance.

Sunday was church, lunch at Sebastian's (which seriously lasted until 4:30 - yes, I am talking about the meal), and then Brokeback Mountain (en v.o.). In the late night/early morning hours, I took some cool pictures of the courtyard full of snow.

Monday (yesterday) was laundry day. I say this because I got up before 8am to start my laundry and it took until around 5pm to get it done. This is because I had 4 loads (each takes 2 hours in the washer - on the "rapid" cycle) and about 20 minutes before the last one was done, I had to run to the grocery store. The grocery store was less fun, as it was raining during the walk, and there was sluch everywhere. It took an hour+ to get there, shop, and get back.

As I walked in, I noticed I had a missed call. Before I could call back, the phone rang. Someone from a summer camp called and offered me a job as the theater director at her camp this summer. I would be responsible for putting up two musicals in addition to counselor duties. I think more than anything else, it shocked me she called from the states to offer me the job instead of sending an email. I am going to try and get back to her tomorrow.

I made dinner. This is a complete sentence because it will be followed by a cool description. I used a pre-made pie crust and put ground beef on the bottom. The next layer was kidney/red beans. Then I added three eggs, beaten, and a little whole cream. I topped it with swiss cheese. I have no idea if that is a meat pie or a quiche gone wrong, or what, but it was good. It needed a little more spice though - so I added salt to taste.

During dinner I watched A Chorus Line and then came down here to check emails. I booked hostels for most of Caroline's trip here. I went upstairs and watched some West Wing while rotating clothes on and off the radiator before heading to bed.

**Did you know that archers in competition are called toxophilites? It's true. Cupid's favorite sport. Happy Valentine's Day, y'all.** (It was my calendar fact I read right before bed last night.)

Today I went to Reims. I saw a show at the Planetarium and got to ride both ways frist class on the train for free (tickets from a friend). I am going to have leftovers and for the first time in many years, I am going to relax, sit back, and care less that tonight is the 14th. I am utterly content to just eat my left over whatever it is and watch a movie (which Tiffany is having a hard time choosing for me, as she has no idea what I even have).

So, now I am really hungry. I'm going upstairs. Love you all and have a great day! Hugs, ~Heather

Comments