Skip to main content

Marques, Prêt,....

On your mark, get set, ....

It is almost time to leave France. I am in Paris for the last time (for awhile anyway). I have no idea what I am going to do with myself, but I have about 10 hours to kill. Not a bad city to have free time in, I know, but how to best experience my last day in France? Where will I go? What will I see and do? Because it is Tuesday, almost everything is closed - museums, monuments and the likes - so maybe I'll just go for a really long walk and see what there is to see.

I left Charleville on Friday and came to Paris, left my bags and then headed over to Laval (see Champadouze blog - when it is actually finished). It was so sad to leave, and everyone was really helpful getting me out the door. You know how much I hate packing, and I had to repack all my boxes at the post office to save 100€, obviously worth it, but a big time killer. It was cool how it ended though, the same way it began - with me talking to the Dominguez family and with huge suitcases at the train station. Everyone keeps asking if I have good memories of France, well of course I do! I just don't know how to express my answer better than, "Oui, bien sûr!" (Yes, definitely!).

Anyway, this is just a little note before I grab my shower to let everyone know I am alive and well, in Paris, and ready to be home but not ready to leave. Amazing the amount of contradictions I am capable of. For real, I am not going to waste my last day in France writing to you in English on the computer. I can do that next week at home. Love always, ~Heather

Comments