.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Sunday, April 08, 2007

Renewal

It's Easter. The new light has come and things are changing. The world won't ever be the same again.

I feel like I didn't get as much spiritual connection this Holy Week as I have in the past, despite the fact that I went to three services Friday, one Thursday, and two today. I have surprised myself though.

First of all, I realized I am complaining about alot more stupid stuff than I used to. In this season of change, I am going to try to give up complaining; see if I can spin in into something positive.

Second surprise, I really bonded with a friend of mine. Did you ever have a new friend who you just, one day, made this amazing new connection with? It's the step between acquaintance-friend and friend-friend. That's what happened. How great is that?

Third surprise, I did something that used to bother me and came out completely unscathed. I was brave and I kept my mouth shut in a situation I usually run-off at the mouth about.

Fourth surprise, I procrastinated for hours and hours. This is actually usual, but the surprise was how I was able to really dig in to my assignment anyway (once I finally got started). I hope it came out okay. Plus, now I'm really thrilled about working on my thesis.

And we'll round it out with a fifth surprise, which was that I could just be here, by myself, and relax. Or stick around and teach people to swing dance. Or make banana cakes.

I've changed a little since last year at this time. I've changed alot since two Easters ago. I sort of wonder what this new year will bring. What surprises I'll have to announce then.

I love the renewal that comes with Easter. Speaking of renewal, I need to get some sleep.

Goodnight. Love always, ~Heather

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this