Skip to main content

Rejection

I have been rejected alot of times, by alot of different people, for alot of different reasons. Today, it was a job. I think that no matter how many times you get rejected for something it still really sucks. It is like getting kicked in the stomach. Sometimes by a horse (or so I've heard).

The good news in this scenario is two-fold:
1. I didn't get the position because they hired internally, which is a common practice for their organization. The HR director really liked me as a candidate and is keeping my resume for future openings (I know this was probably said to appease me - and it's working a little.)

2. I now have a wide-open range of possibilities again. This could be the sign/message I was waiting for to help me decide whether or not I should work on a campaign. I've been seriously considering it and the possibility of this job, which was a magically perfect fit for me, gave me something to compare it to.

I heard this saying while watching Saved! on Friday:

"When God closes a door, he opens a window."
"Yeah, so you can throw yourself out of it."

Now there will be no throwing (of any kind considering my injured shoulder), and even if there was, I live in a basement. I'd have to throw myself up and out, which seems like too much effort really.

Back to the point. I'm taking this rejection as an indicator that I need to focus my efforts on different job opportunities, balance what I really want, and consider all possible options and implications of a potential decision. Considering that I had my Washington Post subscription reduced to Sundays until after my thesis is due, I probably won't have any time to think about it until May. But, I want to make good post-grad school choices.

I'd like to say I missed the simple days before tough choices, but I can't remember when those were.

Speaking of good choices, I need to stop procrastinating and get back to work.

Love always, ~Heather

P.S. I'm sorry, by the way, if my spelling of "alot" as one word bothers anyone. I made sure it was in the dictionary years ago and got used to it. It was recently brought to my attention (again) that this isn't the most popular spelling. Here at least, I think I'll keep it that way.

Comments