.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Shocked and Wowed

As opposed to appalled, WOWed was all I could think of. I went to turn in my attendence book today (a whopping 3/9 came to class) and the aide stopped me. "There are some students that want to talk to you." Two of my kids came in and asked if we could have a double class tomorrow so that they could learn the long lesson in dance I am planning on teaching on Friday. They want to spend an extra hour in class. I mean, I know it is something ... I was exceptionally happy and ... proud? It was a surprise and an honor and all sorts of wonderful things.

I am off to get things going for the session on Friday ... I have to borrow the projector from the physics department so I can show a bit of the film in the gym later this week. The camp guy got back to me this morning - I felt kind of bad (I was getting rather annoyed about the lack of contact) because they took awhile to get back to me due to some serious family things, including a new baby that arrived early! And last night I worked out why boys are stupid with a friend, who, being a boy, is also rather slack in the emotional availability department with his significant other; at least his issues helped me figure out some of my own.

Well off to work. I am really going to miss this place, especially the students. I always feel like I've kind of adopted them in a way when I go ... I hate to leave the kids behind. I hope they write. Love always, ~Heather

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this