Skip to main content

Shocked and Wowed

As opposed to appalled, WOWed was all I could think of. I went to turn in my attendence book today (a whopping 3/9 came to class) and the aide stopped me. "There are some students that want to talk to you." Two of my kids came in and asked if we could have a double class tomorrow so that they could learn the long lesson in dance I am planning on teaching on Friday. They want to spend an extra hour in class. I mean, I know it is something ... I was exceptionally happy and ... proud? It was a surprise and an honor and all sorts of wonderful things.

I am off to get things going for the session on Friday ... I have to borrow the projector from the physics department so I can show a bit of the film in the gym later this week. The camp guy got back to me this morning - I felt kind of bad (I was getting rather annoyed about the lack of contact) because they took awhile to get back to me due to some serious family things, including a new baby that arrived early! And last night I worked out why boys are stupid with a friend, who, being a boy, is also rather slack in the emotional availability department with his significant other; at least his issues helped me figure out some of my own.

Well off to work. I am really going to miss this place, especially the students. I always feel like I've kind of adopted them in a way when I go ... I hate to leave the kids behind. I hope they write. Love always, ~Heather

Comments