.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Saturday, March 07, 2009

Of Yard Work and Bagpipes

(To the tune of "Mysterious Fathoms Below" from the Little Mermaid)

Oh this is a tale
Of a glory-filled girl
Who spent this nice day at home.

Out in the yard
With a spade and a saw
She cleared up those weeds with a hoe.

(Instrumental: "Heave-ho")

While this was occurring
Her roommie was stirring
The makings of wheat bread, oh dough!

Bagpipes were playing
On King Street parading
For St. Patty's, early, I know!

Fantastical daytime, it's so!

I just felt moved to write a little tuneage to describe today. If I'm really going to reflect on my self for this Lenten promise, I might as well relay it in the way I seem to think.

Yes, I often make up little ditties in my head.

Yes, I occasionally sing them aloud.

I agree, you wouldn't want to be in my head. :)

Love always,

~Heather

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this