Skip to main content

Is this heaven?

No, it's Iowa.

And I'll be heading there to visit one of the greatest friends I've ever had, Caroline in a just a couple of weeks.

Caroline has been to visit me in basically* every place I have lived since we've known each other. Considering how frequently I move, that's a pretty big deal. (*She missed a place I lived in for less than 6 months, so it doesn't really count.) We've hung out in plenty of states and countries: North & South Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Connecticut, New York, Maryland, Indiana, France, Spain, Belgium, and Germany - to name a few.

So, to have a chance to visit her in Iowa, her home state, is pretty exciting. Plus, this gets me out of having to do something outrageous for Halloween - I can only travel with a carry-on.

More than getting to see her and get out of DC for a little bit, I'm totally pumped about having the freedom to just book a trip to the Midwest. I mean, financially I've had this money put away for two years - but being able to find good timing for both of us ... anyway, I'm pumped.

This week at work has been long. I only got out of the office before 6 once and I passed 7 twice. I had to cancel my trip to New York with Malise. I didn't get to have dinner with my HOBY pals on Thursday because I couldn't get there in time.

I've had an interesting week outside of work too. Productive with some things - like mowing the lawn and cooking good meals for myself - and way behind in some other rather important household stuff and mailing Travis' birthday present.

This trip gives me something really great to look forward to - and I think we have a bye that week so C and I won't even miss a game.

I'm rambling. Good night y'all.

Love always, ~Heather

Comments

Anonymous said…
Check out costumeideazone.com for some quick, easy and fairly cheap halloween ideas...you could get in a carry on! Aunt B