.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Friday, October 03, 2008

Is this heaven?

No, it's Iowa.

And I'll be heading there to visit one of the greatest friends I've ever had, Caroline in a just a couple of weeks.

Caroline has been to visit me in basically* every place I have lived since we've known each other. Considering how frequently I move, that's a pretty big deal. (*She missed a place I lived in for less than 6 months, so it doesn't really count.) We've hung out in plenty of states and countries: North & South Carolina, Virginia, Florida, Connecticut, New York, Maryland, Indiana, France, Spain, Belgium, and Germany - to name a few.

So, to have a chance to visit her in Iowa, her home state, is pretty exciting. Plus, this gets me out of having to do something outrageous for Halloween - I can only travel with a carry-on.

More than getting to see her and get out of DC for a little bit, I'm totally pumped about having the freedom to just book a trip to the Midwest. I mean, financially I've had this money put away for two years - but being able to find good timing for both of us ... anyway, I'm pumped.

This week at work has been long. I only got out of the office before 6 once and I passed 7 twice. I had to cancel my trip to New York with Malise. I didn't get to have dinner with my HOBY pals on Thursday because I couldn't get there in time.

I've had an interesting week outside of work too. Productive with some things - like mowing the lawn and cooking good meals for myself - and way behind in some other rather important household stuff and mailing Travis' birthday present.

This trip gives me something really great to look forward to - and I think we have a bye that week so C and I won't even miss a game.

I'm rambling. Good night y'all.

Love always, ~Heather

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out costumeideazone.com for some quick, easy and fairly cheap halloween ideas...you could get in a carry on! Aunt B

9:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this