Skip to main content

Congratulations are in Order

Congratulations are in order to quite a few people:

First, to my dearest goddaughter who has accepted a slot at William & Mary, where she'll begin her freshman year in August. I am so proud of her for making this big decision. Not only will she be going out of state to school, but chose this over a better financial aid package elsewhere because it was the right academic program and atmosphere for her. All that, and she'll only be a couple hours away now, so I'll get to see her more (fingers crossed). Couldn't be more proud.

Next, to Anthony, our accompanist at church, who performed an amazing organ recital two weekends ago. I'd never heard modern-ish organ music before and it was a real treat. Plus, I got to visit the Catholic University campus for the first time.

To Dana, who is still debating, but has made some really difficult choices and followed her instincts in choosing an amazing school to get her PhD at. I'm sad to have her leave, but now have an excuse to visit Wisconsin!

Finally, to my Earth-loving Yale-y, who got a presidential fellowship and will be moving to DC soon. I'm so thrilled that she got this amazing position and even more excited that we'll be living in the same town again.

Congratulations to all. You've each achieved greatness and I'm blessed to know you.

~Heather

Comments