Skip to main content

It's already November?

I know it has been ages ... my only excuse is that after spending all day at work staring at my computer screen, I can't even fathom why I would turn my computer on when I get home at night. This isn't a good excuse, but it's the best I can offer you.

Aside from having the flu last week (first flu since elementary school, so really, I had it coming), life has been healthy and happy. I work five days a week and try to relax as much as possible on the weekends. I haven't quite settled into a church down here yet, so I still drive to Bethesda each week to sing in the choir.

I'm making friends at work - which is a nice feeling. I recently got to go on a business trip and spent time in NJ visiting family. Halloween was spent party-hopping dressed as Titania from Midsummer Night's Dream (which took more explaining than I hoped it would).

This weekend, I'm reaching out to try and make new friends. I'm paying off old bills and starting to make Christmas presents. I'm getting ready for the end of the year. I'm excited for 2008 (which is still two months away). I know everyday is the start of a new life, but I'm taking this time to wind down and tie up all the loose ends. I feel like I'm finally ready to have my "adult life."

In other good news, the medicine I've been taking has really helped me lose weight - I'm down 17 lbs in the past two months, which is a huge achievement for me. I still have 23 more to go before May (which is my birth month and the beginning of summer clothes season, so the end of my diet time frame). I'm hoping that playing volleyball in the city winter league in addition to the gym and dieting will really help me reach my goal effectively and in a healthy way. The healthier I stay taking the weight off, the more likely it is to stay off.

Last night Dana and I went to see Lars and the Real Girl - I definitely recommend it to anybody. The themes in the movie are truly universal - I think you'll like it.

For now, I'm off to clean up the apartment, re-pot my ivy and chives and then catch the Carolina-Florida game on ESPN while having dinner up in Chinatown with friends. Couldn't ask for a better weekend.

Love always (even when I don't write!), ~Heather

Comments