Skip to main content

Again?

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

If the "you" changes and the event(s) that lead to the fooling really aren't foolish, how bad of a policy could it be? Does it really make me foolish?

Though the circumstances and technique have changed since the hallway outside Mrs. Strong's reading class, I still get basically the same result. I'm not sure if it was better then; when I felt foolish and humiliated right away. Now, it is more like the silent treatment.

In the Tequesta cafeteria, back in the day, I got the quiet retreat. Back then, I preferred the noiselessness of it to the personal humiliation. More than 12 years later, I'm glad the "yous" have finally matured to the level I was hoping for - then.

I just wish they could manage to get to the level I'm at now.

So many, like Mrs. Strong, promised it would be different by now. And even after all the so-called fooling, that they were wrong is the most disappointing part.

Reporting from the sadly stagnant world, ~Heather

Comments