.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Beethoven's Fifth

That is the music that best represents the next few days for me. I am still working on my thesis, because, I am ridiculous.

Basically, I have almost five case studies now, I have at least four long stories, tons of examples, and that is just the "extra stuff."

There are five literature reviews: science communication (17 pages), organizational branding (1.5), framing (1.5), political communication (2.5), and crisis communication (2.5). Also, I did a review of general communication principles .... it is getting longer every minute.

Tomorrow is the last day I am letting myself add any new text. After that, it is all revisions.

Speaking of "just revisions" I finished writing my first keynote speech. Then I revised it, and now I am waiting to get notes back from my Dad and a friend/classmate who will hopefully have some ideas in case there are any mistakes. But for only the third time this semester, I feel like I hit this speech out of the park. The fist time, the professor said I mastered the format dead-on. The second time, I got an A and only positive feedback in class. I'm hoping my instincts are right on this one.

Okay - it is super late, and there are going away parties to attend tomorrow before church, a mass to sing at, two management briefs to write, a thesis to revise, a movie to watch, and a bedroom that hasn't been tidied in so long, that I can't remember the last time it was spic and span.

How weird is it that despite all this I am in a totally pumped up mood? I love being happy - especially about my work.

Hope you're happy too. Happy Sunday! Love always, ~Heather

Labels: , , , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous girl from the south said...

Heather, take your hands off the keyboard and end your thesis!

I completely understand though. When you write about a subject that you love, it's hard to end it. Since I'm covering online activism in political races, you have no idea how badly I wanted to analyze the Obama MySpace debacle.

Save your sanity and wrap up the thesis. You can always channel the rest of your energy into a dissertation one day. :)

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this