Skip to main content

Musings during the Alamo Bowl

  • Party planning is easier when you have a more solid number of RSVPs - though I am thrilled with the responses so far.
  • The commentators of the Alamo Bowl game (go Cats!) obviously pre-gamed at River Walk ... and it seems to be wearing off here in the 4th quarter
  • Families that lose children of any age are incredibly strong. Please pray for their continued strength
  • Friends who can buy you shoes from many states away deserve massive kudos.
  • Je souhaite mes amis francais une Bonne Annee!
  • Not having to wear a jacket in late December is an interesting weather phenomena
  • Wednesday is going to rock. my. socks off.
  • Distant friends who make an effort to be in touch are some of the best friends I'll ever have
  • I hope that the Jets are supposed to be my football disappointment of the week. Really, please let there only be one this week.
  • 6'3" is debatably tall.
  • 184 out of 185 is really good number 99 (Wolfert). That's a lot of kicks. I'm sorry about all the pressure though, that had to suck.
  • I should really pick a bedtime and stick to it.
  • Having the office close early by 3.5 hours on Wednesday = not really having to go into work at all (though I'll pop my head in for an hour anyway).
  • This is a really good game.
  • Thank you to the boys throughout my football-loving history who have explained the rules to me so I can explain them to others.
  • I can't believe I almost went to Mizzou. Or Ball State.
  • I lied. The commentators are just retarded.
  • Wildcats, you did better than most people believed you would. Good effort. Next year you'll get it on the 60th anniversary of your Rose Bowl performance.
  • Bedtime.

Love always, ~Heather

Comments

Dana said…
I love how you're just as football crazy as I am!! :D

I'm going to call you on New Years' Day so we can have a huge marathon catch-up session. I feel like I haven't talked to you in months (which is, sadly, probably true).

Enjoy your party--I'd SO love to be there!!! xoxox