Skip to main content

Alive!

This isn't that terribly cannibalistic movie, it's just a note to my favorite readership that I'm alive and well in Alexandria.

My move across DC to the south side of the Potomac went well. I couldn't have been blessed more by Dana's super strength. My parents came this weekend and the place is about 90% "a home." By the end of the week I hope to have the whole place cleaned up and presentable.

It's an odd feeling, being in my own place. This is the first time a place has been just mine. That, and I get up and go to work in the morning - in dress clothes no less. I feel like there has been an extraordinarily profound change in my life.

To mark the change, my collage art is restricted to one wall, and only in my bedroom. I'm going to try out a young adult Bible study at the local Catholic church (which has a fantasmic choir!), look for a local volleyball open gym, and try to find some way to volunteer in the community. I'm working on HOBY, still categorizing articles for my old boss at AU, and trying to get my body into a healthy position (serious progress on that front, thank goodness!).

I'm nervous I might forget to pay the rent, or lock myself out, or make too much noise and aggravate my neighbors. I'm thrilled to be able to leave my stuff wherever I want - and even more excited that I'm happier to put things away than leave them out.

I am still a procrastinator. Moving my personal library has discouraged me from buying another book (for a rather long time, I'm afraid). Living on a budget, though something I've always done, is strange because part of the budget is just for saving (like every grown-up should!).

It's just hard to believe. I keep thinking I can't possibly be old enough for all of this, and then realize I obviously am. Speaking of which, this not-quite-so-old girl has to get to bed now, because morning comes early, and I owe myself a good workout before work.

I've missed all of you, and can't wait to catch up on all of your adventures over the next few days. Have a great week!

~Heather

Comments

Anonymous said…
So cooooollll !!!
You are alive!!!
A funny vidéo on Alice's Blog will appear.

Bisous.

Hugues