Skip to main content

Three Paragraphs and Cut Grass

Another late night after another long day. If I'm not careful, this is going to turn into a Les Miserables song.

Suffice it to say that the most productive components of my day involved writing a three paragraph letter (again and again and again) and eliminating as many weeds as possible from the backyard. I am slowly becoming an expert at running my landlord's ridiculously tempestuous lawnmower, which is evident in the buzz cut my grass got today.

In other news, I still really love ordering wings at the end of a long day (college, how you spoiled me), my phone charger is going to need some kind of St. Anthony intercession, and the algae blocker seems to have saved my fish tank from ruin.

This coming week is going to be the definition of an agonizing workload as one of the three people on my team is leaving on vacation for a week and I am her back-up. The House and Senate are going to mark up the appropriations bill, a new round of primaries are going to cause a round of mailings and promotions for one of our voter education initiatives, and the president of our non-profit is about to leave on a month of vacation (wouldn't that be nice?) so there is bound to be an insane amount of scurrying to get things done.

However, instead of dwelling on it in advance, I am mentally preparing myself with an awesome weekend. Outdoor movie tomorrow, farmer's market on Saturday, choir on Sunday and mornings without alarm clocks. Speaking of alarm clocks, I'll catch you on the flip side.

Love always,
~Heather

P.S. Lou is so wise (and timely). "When all is said and done, more is said than done." ~Lou Holtz

Comments