Skip to main content

48+ hours

I am pondering tonight how it is possible that my 48 hours of freedom have disappeared in what feels like much less. But, when you add up all the time spent, it does seem to explain the mystery.

Friday
Work until late, so much so that sister and Dana arrive just after I get home (though I had left considerable time in there for volunteer obligations, cleaning the house and such).

Zucchini and tomatoes with egg noodles.

Five garbage bags of clothing for Goodwill. Amazingly, my closet is still pretty full.
*Most of the credit for this goes to Dana, who was relentless (in a good way) at making me get rid of stuff that was much older than is respectable for someone my age. This included one of my favorite sweaters, which was a sweater dress for me back in the early 90's and has become a giant comfy sweater now. Partly because I was pretty tall for my age then and partly because 15+ years will really stretch out your knits.

Hair-doing and sing along. Phone call from parents who were just getting out of a touring version of Chicago. Quote from the backwards local who was walking out in front of them: "That was a pretty good rendition of the movie." I'm surprised they knew the word rendition. Then again, Mom could have misquoted to their educational benefit.

A LONG Metro ride.

Saturday

Fun: out with Dana, Lorien, and her friends. One of the strongest Long Island's I've ever tasted.

Drama at the Jumbo Slice. Exactly what will happen when drunk friends are too nice to each other sober.

Cabbie from Afghanistan who was explaining the deliciousness of eating camel. How fast they are, how sweet they are to their owners, and how you should get out of the way if one is coming because they are fast and (I quote) "If they hit you, it's hasta la vista, baby."

A LONG Metro ride.

Sleep.

Quality time with Dana.

IKEA, too many outlet stores, my first (wonderful) Orange Julius, a heavy bag of soap.

Leftovers and My So-Called Life.

Dessert and the movie Heathers.
*May I say, that now that I know what people were comparing me too, I'm a little disconcerted. :)

Sunday
Roommate bonding time, fashion show of outfits acquired while out on our separate trips.

Remembering something I shouldn't have forgotten.

Sleep.

Rehearsal. Church. Choir hangout.

Cherry blossom stroll in Kenwood alone (vicariously with Grandma and Pop-Pop by phone) and then with Theresa (in real life).

Drive home - phone calls to follow up about HOBY panelists.

Lunch.

Kitchen floor scrubbing.

Fish tank revival (much, much cleaner).

Assist Rachel making dinner.

Eat fabulous dinner (chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans). Chat with both roomies.

Monday

Clean up from dinner, recycling, parking car in appropriate location.

Finally taking care of obligation.

Blogging.
*So it looks like I actually have spent more than 48 hours this weekend. And to think a couple months ago, I couldn't fill my weekends. Now, they're jam packed. I'm loving this.

Sleep (immediate future).

Love always,

~Heather

Comments

Anonymous said…
YAY!! I'm so glad I got to see so much of you this weekend!! xox