.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Adopting in Ashburn

What began in France moved to Washington, DC and then the suburbs. Let the adventures in Ashburn continue.

Sunday, December 06, 2009

When all else fails...

...write about the good stuff. It'll make you feel better.

I just spent 30 some odd minutes writing this long post, trying to be all profound so I could hide the thing I was really worried about in the post without having to say it outright. I didn't even have to read it back to know that it was a waste of electrons.

Instead, I would like to tell you that I am LOVING the live Christmas tree I bought on my way home from church today. A seven foot balsam. It smells lovely, and I know it's going to look even more amazing as soon as the branches start to fall out a little more. I'll post pictures of the whole decorated set-up in a few days.

Also, played in a fellowship this weekend and did okay. I desperately need to work on my serve receive, but had as many blocks/touches at the net as everyone else and only missed two out of how many ever hit attempts I had and one serve all day. I also managed to get rated as an up-ref and a scorekeeper. One test and three ratings to go, and I'll be official on all counts. I would like to brag and say I did my second scorekeeping evaluation all in pen (since the pencil broke) and still knocked it out of the park.

Clemson lost, which was brilliant. I'm a little sad about Florida's fall to Alabama, but am confident that whoever they face in the National Championship is going to get pummeled. Oh SEC, how I love thee.

Other notable weekend tidbits:
  • We got some snow, though certainly more outside the Beltway at the tournament.
  • I pulled the last of the produce in from the garden and filled the compost bin with heaps of plant matter.
  • Had Advent dinner with a good friend who wore my elf hat and laughed at me as I hauled the tree in the house all by myself.
  • I did not get lost in Clarendon, though I thought I was, and two quick U-turns later I was back in my original, totally awesome parking spot.
  • Liberty Tavern makes a strong yet wonderful Long Island Iced Tea (for you non-drinkers, this is not actually tea).
  • Going to get things cleaned up around here so I can finish decorating before my match tomorrow night.
Off I go to do the end of weekend prep stuff. Hope you had a good one.

Love always, ~Heather

P.S. - Today's quote: "Whoever is happy will make others happy too." ~Anne Frank. I don't know how they're generated, but their significance to my posts is uncanny sometimes.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Washington, D.C., United States

Fix this